Mr. K’s Policy Guide
We trade used books, CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays, audiobooks and video games for store trade credit. There are items for which we pay cash.
We have two colors of trade credit and each one designates what that credit slip can purchase.
Purple trade credit is given to a customer who trades in Books, Comic Books and Audio Books. This can be used for Used Books, Comic Books and Audio Books.
Green Trade Credit is given to a customer who trades in CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays and Current Video Games. This can be used for everything in the store except yellow stickered merchandise.
Trade Credit cannot be used to purchase any item priced with a yellow sticker which are mainly new books, posters and side items.
We cannot offer trade credit or cash for:
– Books in poor condition (torn, soiled, stained, smelly, damaged, etc.)
– Books published outside our age limits
– Books that we subjectively feel are unsellable
– Books previously purchased here which now fall into any of the above categories.
Mr. K’s Holding Policy
We will hold up to 3 items for 3 days! Trade credit may not be used to purchase held items.
Mr. K’s Trading Policy
Trade: For any book traded, you will receive 40-50% of our estimated selling price for that book.
Cash: There are some books for which we can give you cash. For high-demand fiction pocketbooks, we offer 20% of our estimated selling price. For oversized paperback & hardcover non-fiction, we offer 30% of our estimated selling price.
Cash & Trade: You will receive cash for those books for which we can give cash & trade credit for the rest.
The books for which we cannot pay cash or trade will be returned to you.
We give 20% of our selling price in cash or 40% in trade.
We give 30% of our selling price in cash or 40-50% in trade.
CDs, DVDs, Blu-rays and Video Games:
We give 25-30% of our selling price in cash or 40-50% in trade.
Vinyl LP Records:
We give only cash at 25% of our selling price.
For e-readers, iPhones, iPads, iPods, and current video game consoles, we give only cash at 30% of our selling price.
Mr. K’s no longer carries VHS videos or Books-on-tape.
We pay cash for the following depending on current inventory:
– Science Fiction & Fantasy pocketbooks
– Classic & Modern Literature
– Fiction on the current New York Times Best Sellers List
– Most oversized paperback and hardcover non-fiction including textbooks, history, cookbooks, crafts, self-help, inspirational, etc.
– Video Games
– Vinyl LP Records
– Electronics such as e-readers, iPhones, iPads, iPods, and current video game consoles